View Single Post
Old 2016-08-19, 15:01   Link #1148
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
It's very simple as to how oricon records sales. Oricon partners with the majority of stores in the nation. Maybe some small store in a rural area isn't there but no worries. It's small. So basically, stores just send their receipts to oricon. Most do it at the end of the day but some only send it in at the end of the week. Oricon counts the receipts and amount of copies bought and records it. Then they release the daily chart at the end of the day or the weekly one at the end of the week and so on.

So yes, it's only physical. A lot of people complain why they don't record digital sales though so you aren't alone there lol. It'd be nice if Amazon or dengeki release the digital sales exactly but I guess they don't.
That's good to know. Thanks for sharing. It's at least hope-inducing lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
but if the popularity drops while the price for one volume increases than it could result in a even worse outcome
That depends. If the price increase is very small, and it only happens once or twice, and the quality increases to boot, then I wouldn't worry about it. Of course, you do still have a point though. But as has been pointed out before, 50k while small for Index is still a blockbuster hit for LN's. As long as it is at least 10K (which will probably happen for a while to come) then it's probably not in any danger of being ended soon...? Though I do think an anime would help rejuvenate interest in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum18 View Post
I have said this before, and I say it again, this series needs its anime!

Don't get me wrong, the series does great speaking its a long series and it has no anime airing at the moment. But if you look at the sales now to what they were back 2013 when the movie and Railgun S was airing, you will see the sales have drop by over half! This proofs that even if a 3rd season comes, it would 100% help sales. While the Raildex series has aways done great, it was the animes that really took the series off. I am sure if a new season did come and it cover the rest of OT, then I'm sure people would pick up NT and catch up with the series. Hack, Index III is where the series gets really good. It would be a shame not to a least finish off OT.
Yeah. We don't really know what they're thinking. Maybe they're just too pessimistic about the anime. We'll see if it ever happens anyway. I just hope that Kamachi gets a good anime adaptation at some point and that rejuvenates interest in his series so it increases the chances of a future season III, but I'm not really sure about how likely that is... lol. Regardless, I toughed it out for 10 years for FMP... so to be honest, this is nothing.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote