View Single Post
Old 2016-08-22, 05:07   Link #56
Child_of_Sierra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Emilia has decided against Subaru's pleas before, choosing to not trust him. You could easily view Emilia as "calculating" in her decisions here.

Helping Subaru, finding that one missing girl, anything else? I might be forgetting something, but that's all I remember off the top of my head. While Emilia made a good first impression, I think some Emilia fans overstate it a bit.
You'd be surprised how many people (at least in my country) would vote for a candidate based on their first impression of them alone... in this regard Subaru blindly supporting Emilia is believable.

There's also a big difference between Emilia not trusting Subaru because he had trouble explaining himself vs Crusch choosing to not send help when Subaru told her people are going to die.

Crusch was right in ignoring Subaru given how much he was raving like a mad man at that time but Subaru knew he was telling the truth so I imagine that the memory he retains of that meeting will taint his opinion of how benevolent she can be.