View Single Post
Old 2016-09-18, 17:22   Link #85
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_Witch View Post
......I think I've noticed a peculiar thing about this game.

Like you said, this is nothing like Junko's games.
Junko's first and foremost objective was to cause suffering and despair, this here, is merely annihilation.

However:
Within this chaos, there might be suffering.
Have we ever considered that the true target is not the FF but Naegi?
I think we can all agree that Naegi being passive is a nice but very negative trait.
No matter what he does, it was impossible for him to stand true to his beliefs in Mirai.

- He insisted the FF will not play the game: They still do.
- He tried to bring peace with his speech: It didn't work.
- He kept on running and running doing nothing. Kirigiri died.
- Munakata and Juzo were chasing him for hours while he stuck to his passiveness.

At this point, I wonder if it's more about Naegi than the FF.

Not saying the following is true but:
It feels to me like someone is trying to give Naegi a hard reality check about how his passiveness is getting people killed.
Kirigiri's NG is a perfect example. It's like the mastermind wanted to punish Naegi for not really doing anything, while Kirigiri is doing the work for him. All he did was run and run while trying to talk his way out which was never gonna work without people dying.
I noticed there's more than that. But rather that what appears to be, I don't think the killer actually wants to break Naegi.

For one thing, if that were really what that person wanted in first place, killing Asahina would have been the swiftest way. But 4 time limits later and only 6 survivors left, Asahina is one among those. The killer could have went after her numerous times, but chose not to. Why?

I also think a number of events went exactly how that person envisioned:

- Bandai NG being the first to be triggered because it was a given the members of the Future Foundation couldn't even agree to cooperate with each other.
- Asahina NG forcing her to stay away from any skirmish and not getting harmed in the process. Is also the combination of hers and Naegi's NG they have been together all this time. This is also why I think the killer chose Gozu as a target. Because it provided Naegi with a trustworthy bodyguard and the physically strongest member on top, so Asahina's protection wouldn't even be needed.
- Munakata eventually questioning Tengan about a few critical things. Which led to him discovering the truth about Chisa and going mad in the process.
- Ruruka betraying Izayoi out of her own selfishness and paranoia.
- Seiko NG which pretty much forced her to keep distances with anyone. And she's the Ultimate Pharmacist, that can't any coincidence.
- Kirigiri NG was set so Naegi would eventually stop running away and confront Munakata.

In addition to putting handicaps on both Juzo and Kizakura and trolling the hell out of Ruruka, I think the events developed exactly how the killer wanted.