View Single Post
Old 2016-10-13, 02:15   Link #874
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
The emails proved none of these things.
And like I said before, the e-mail don't have to prove anything. Creating a glimpse of doubt in a situation where there is also not enough evidence to prove otherwise is more than enough to sway people opinion. This is basic politics strategy - divide and conquer. Same like what people are doing agaisnt Trump by releasing his private videos and accusing him for things he said some 15 or 20 years ago.

Not that the e-mails released are not true at all...

Speaking of which...

Quote:
Also, the claim that agents of the Russian state are involved in the hacks come from official U.S. government statement, not just the Democratic Party. This formal accusation is a drastic step, not taken lightly. The conclusion is also independently reached by a consensus of private security intelligence firms -- the people who actually know this stuff.

"I don't think it's the Russians" doesn't cut it. Feels do not supersede expertise.
Feds believe Russians hacked Florida election-systems vendor

Quote:
(CNN) - Federal investigators believe Russian hackers were behind cyberattacks on a contractor for Florida's election system that may have exposed the personal data of Florida voters, according to US officials briefed on the probe.

The hack of the Florida contractor comes on the heels of hacks in Illinois, in which personal data of tens of thousands of voters may have been stolen, and one in Arizona, in which investigators now believe the data of voters was likely exposed.

The FBI, in the coming days, is preparing to provide updated guidance to state elections officials around the US aiming to help them spot suspicious activity on their computer networks. Several states have reported attempted scans of their computer systems, which often is a precursor to a breach.
It seems that even if Trump wins elections by vote of majority, the election themselves will be disregarded because of 'foreign hacking'.

Which in itself is hilarious when you think about it because:

-it would mean that Russia has much more talented and educated people who can crack top level security clearances.

or:

-it would mean that US IT cyber-protection is so low that single calculated cyber attack can shut down entire country and render it defenseless and in chaos. Never-mind launching nukes as pretty much all of them are connected in a network right now.

Giving that US nuke launch code was 0000 for good amount of years I would not be surprised if case 2 was the actually correct one. Which makes this entire situation much scarier than it sounds.

Or this could be a lie and disregarded as such, just like leaked e-mails...

I guess we shall see, only 26 more days left before the final decision.