Thread: Crunchyroll Yuri!!! on Ice
View Single Post
Old 2016-10-13, 09:34   Link #79
mweloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
This can be a major hurdle to overcome, yes. And I think the comedy and over-the-top elements are there to give the entire show a magical larger-than-life feeling so the less believable plot points seem consistent with everything else.

The major issue is how an overweight Yuri was able to effectively copy an excellent Viktor performance, to the point that a video of it went viral and attracted the actual Viktor. If you really think about it a lot, it raises some difficult questions.

But sometimes shows need slightly ridiculous setups in order to get things going in a good and interesting direction, which is partly why I have an "one free ass-pull per show" personal rule. Nothing in Episode 2 struck me as particularly strange.

I think a Russian teenager sneaking out of the country on his own would be pretty implausible, for starters.

I have fewer issues with with the humour than I do with the blatant fan service. It kind of destroys the mixture of mixture of dignity and earnestness that's present in the show when it's at its best.

Last edited by mweloo; 2016-10-13 at 09:59.
mweloo is offline   Reply With Quote