View Single Post
Old 2016-10-28, 07:57   Link #35582
Ma-rion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benkai_Debussy View Post
Ma-rion, to be honest you're kind of crossing over into schizophrenia logic (in the sense that you're assuming literally everything must have some deeper meaning and coming up with a bunch of bizarre connections between things that don't make much sense).

Umineko is a story that is told in a unique way, but fundamentally it is not a very complex story. It is just the story of Sayo Yasuda and the Ushiromiya family by proxy. The core of the story (the "without love it cannot be seen" stuff) is related to the fact that the story won't make sense unless you try to empathize with the characters.
Hello Benkai_Debussy,

I assure you, I'm not schizophrenic (yet) :S. This is of course my personal perspective, when I say the following, I don't want to force my solution on anyone!!: you' re wrong. This is not a story about Sayo, and "without love it cannot be seen" doesn't only translate to emphasizing with someone.

And it IS complex, since Umineko is, at its core, a logic puzzle. For example: there is a riddle about liars, that starts right at the beginning of Episode 1, there is a riddle about "coins", one is about the wolf and the sheep. And there is a story about a "duel".

The "without love it cannot be seen" is MUCH MORE direct, and far less "ekkjgdjsdfekjrglgdnkdjn" than what you make it out to be. It simply means this:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Ma-rion; 2016-10-30 at 10:56.
Ma-rion is offline   Reply With Quote