View Single Post
Old 2006-06-27, 09:38   Link #19
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
With female infanticide skewing the sex ratio in India / China to around 120~130:100, political scientists are sounding alarms that as the skewing started in the early eighties, now that there is an oversupply of men entering young adulthood, with few women around to marry, they would gravitate towards extreme idealism in religious or political organizations---there will be war. But that is only if only the stereotypical warrior nature of men are considered--who knows if they may be 'feminised', give rise to couple of Gandhis, Jesus Christs, and Buddhas instead of antichrists.
"cry" . Nvm u answered my question at thh end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiva128
Well I predict humanity won't last 5000 generations anyways so this isn't really going to matter anyways.

The way we treat the environment and each other can only get worse if no one wants to change their ways.
How long would you consider 1 generation? If i'm correct 1 generation = to 22 years. so 5000x22 = 110000 years or 110 millenium. And you're true, the earth can't last that long anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Even if we don't kill ourselves, genetic engineering, and just natural evolution may make us extinct anyway. Though, at least in those cases, we'd leave decendents to carry on our legacy and conquer the universe.

Anyway, getting back to the original topic, yes the y chromosome is going to eventually be eliminated. However, that will not necessarily mean no more males, or males that have more feminine traits. Some other species have already lost the Y chromosome. Now, as in the case of those lizards mentioned, it's resulted in no males, but the majority of times it results in the gene that triggers male development being found on an x chromosome. As DaFool mentioned, some males already are XX. This would of course be benefitial to the species, as many illnesses are caused by a defective gene on the Y chromosome. (Hence the observation DaFool made about the higher instance of birth defects in males.)

This is assuming no artificial intervention of course.
No one has mentioned therotical nanotechnology yet, but yet we have consider all of those above. But isn't it true that even though males beginnings comes with more birth defects, but as we age it becomes less? Then we have the female population to extrapolate, and as they (meaning the females) grow and age, the defects become more apparant, no?

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.

Last edited by Aoie_Emesai; 2006-06-29 at 07:28.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote