View Single Post
Old 2017-02-09, 18:47   Link #957
-Antares-
Nope.
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Why, because you say so with a big font?
No, because it's the truth. I wanted to emphasize it.

Quote:
Chance: 3rd parties had 0% chance of winning the presidential election. Yes, zero.
Change: Did voting for 3rd party in the presidential election change something? Anything? No.
The potential was there. That's what was important, and that's what you don't seem to comprehend. 0% isn't possible, by the way.

Quote:
The point isn't that people support the status quo. Nor that they necessarily dislike 3rd parties. It's not even that 3rd party voters are wrong in what they support. It's that these voters wanted to achieve something but effectively took themselves out of the decision process when they had the choice of participating in it and then absolve themselves of being accountable for getting Trump who irrefutably is the worse choice between the two of them.

I argued myself with many of those who think along these lines whether or not it was irresponsible to vote 3rd party and in the end we settled to disagree over that point and let it rest but that doesn't change that those voters share a responsibility for the result.
Bullshit. Complete and utter bullshit. Your bias is showing like mad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma Kousaka View Post
Most people wanting a 3rd party won't mean a thing so long as the institutional biases are in place and they're kept ignorant to what their options are.
Then fix it. Don't go directly against it as everyone keeps saying we should.

Most of what I'm hearing in terms of arguments here is "la la la, I don't hear you because this is this way! Sometimes I am so clever I don't even know what I'm talking about!!" Too bad most of the people I'm arguing with are either so far left they have no self awareness and the rest are Australians who don't have to actually deal with this crap. Just go away.

You people don't actually talk to each other, do you? No way you could be this dysfunctional as a team and contradict each other if you did. Power trips not appreciated regardless.