Gol D Roger discussion thread
View Single Post
Join Date: Mar 2006
Here's what I came up with after reading the posts here, pure speculation and theory:
Roger did gave himself in to the Marines, why?
He found the whole truth after completing the Rio Poneglyph, he learnt what the World Government is covering up, the secret of the lost history. For this, he becomes the ultimate threat to the government.
This secret can be either or a combination of these:
1. The World Government came into power because they possessed the ancient weapons.
2. The World Government hides this secret because if it is leaked, there would probably be a revolution, overthrowing the government - links to what Dragon is up to.
3. The World Government wants to dominate the world with what they believe is true order and justice. But the secret of the poneglyphs will destroy their aims.
4. This secret holds the key to freedom for the entire world.
He learns that the World Government is holding back the future of the world, he decides that the government must be stopped. But he knows that he and his crew isn't enough to wage war against the government. For this he gives himself in.
Giving in himself will earn him a chance where the entire world will watch and listen to him. With this chance, the execution, he announced One Piece. Finding the One Piece will make you the Pirate King.
So what is this One Piece he wants the entire world to know about?
One Piece is not an item, it is a process and a goal.
By initiating the new Era of Pirates, pirates appeared all over the world, most of them looking for One Piece. But why is One Piece at Raftel?
It is at Raftel because of 3 reasons:
1. Roger wants the strongest of all Pirates to fufil his dream. This pirate has to be strong.
2. By starting at Reverse Mountain and reaching Raftel, this pirate crew must have seen the worse, endured the toughest and learnt the most important.
3. By going around the world, they would have met alot of people and influenced them with their own dreams and ideals.
Roger figured that going through the Grand Line will produce pirates that will be the same as himself, with the same dreams and ideals. Not all pirates will be the same as him, but maybe those with the Will of D. These Pirates will have the will and determination to reach One Piece. This is the 1st part of One Piece, the process.
When you have reached Raftel, you would have learnt all of the poneglyphs and also the final one at Raftel. You have basically become Gol D Roger himself, in this case Luffy will become. But not yet the Pirate King.
To become the Pirate King you must lead the world against the Government, who has been preventing the world from having its own future. You can do that because you have already influenced the entire Grandline, many people have heard of your dreams and ideals, you have people who will back you up, either because they are your friends, they owe you one or because they believe in you. Only if you succeed in overthrowing the World Government will you become the Pirate King, the one who leads the world into the future.
Why pirates? Because pirates we see in this story, One Piece, symbolise Freedom. Just look at Shanks and Luffy who had been influenced by him. These are only 'good' pirates, who don't kill, steal and plunder for the fun of it. Luffy has been freeing villages, towns and cities all the time.
Rather long, but I've already shortened it actually lol
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.
My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Last edited by C.A.; 2006-06-28 at
View Public Profile
Send a private message to C.A.
Find More Posts by C.A.