Thread: Licensed BanG Dream!
View Single Post
Old 2017-03-06, 23:49   Link #88
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
But there is a weakness in BanG Dream's storytelling at this phase. After Kasumi has recruited a member, said member practically disappears while she's working on recruiting the next one. They have minimal appearances and are almost uninvolved in the recruitment.

Compare to both LLs and even K-On!, where all current members are involved in convincing the new prospect to join.

BanG Dream is more like '00-era galgame adaptions where the MC works on a girl during her arc, and she promptly disappears while he moves on to the next girl. Under the circumstances, that's not good at all.
Yes, that is a key difference between Bang Dream and both Love Lives. Yes, Kasumi does more recruitment on her own than Honoka/Chika did. You're right about how there can be a downside to this.

Still, I want to see what Poppin' Party is like as a completed group of 5 before I put a lot of weight on this difference. I'm hoping that in-group interactions will be a little more balanced after the full group is formed (i.e. it won't just be Kasumi and her 4 best friends, it'll be 5 close friends where there's good interactions between either 2 of the 5 or all 5).