Thread: Licensed BanG Dream!
View Single Post
Old 2017-03-13, 16:01   Link #96
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Bravo, Bang Dream. Bravo.

With Episode 8, this show has truly pulled it off. It's truly arrived.

There are certain things I could criticize, particularly when it comes to visuals, but these issues all pale in comparison to everything Bang Dream Episode 8 did right. I found it to be a truly beautiful and moving episode.

I'll leave it at that for now, except to say congrats to all of Poppin' Party! What a nice start for the full group of five.
Yes, the show may not have the most outstanding 2D animation but what it lacks in that particular technical department it more than makes up in sheer heart. Brilliantly done this episode right down to the teaser after the credits.

I almost broke down in tears with Saya. Very well done. You could tell that Kasumi was struggling to keep herself happy and pull the school festival through all along the episode to avoid giving Saya yet another feeling of guilt to carry.

Even if the song didn't blow me away the way a snow halation or a tenshi ni fureta yo did it still felt very, very powerful and heartfelt in context and that's all that matters (and it wasn't even a bad song ).

Lovely. Absolutely lovely. And the 3D animation is also very good I might add. I had to go back and rewatch because that minor detail of Saya loosing grip on the stick at the start is just way too cute not to point out. If you guys didn't notice it just watch the first few seconds of the song, it's really cute