View Single Post
Old 2004-01-05, 02:55   Link #16
Eloking

Send a message via MSN to Eloking
I agree with juri_miki, Kamui4356 and the other. To me, that anime was the best I've saw for now but we can't decide anything without the ending and now that I see it, I'm a little disapointed...

Ok, the ending is well made but all is just doing....too well. I can't hide it, I've always prefered Haruka to Mitsuki and I felt sorry for her . There's a lack of development in this...to see that everyone is happy that easily...no I can't take it . Of course, she have really big point (These have surprised me kinda much ) and the way that she compare the series to the fairy Mayauru was simply...wonderfull. But, for me, it can't just...go on like that. Of course, it wouldn't have been really better if Takayuki have gone with her because we would get the same problem with Mitsuki.

Personnaly, I think that's the editor fault . A wonderfull ending was nearly impossible now. That could have been avoidable in the second half of the episode but, well...I guess it's too late . How could he go with either Mitsuki, Haruka or either of them. Could you find a "All mighty ending" with that? (Well...maybe an Akane ending lol). But seriously, I think the ending was destined to be not that great since the second part of this series.

BUT, that doesn't mean is awful. I was really surprised of how the make the ending. When I see the ep 13, I really fear that they'll srewed up the ending by doing something stupid (Remember Scrapped Princess's ending ? ) but it's not that bad. For where they were, they do a great job. I think thoug that 1 or 2 min are missing in the end. They could have tell us more about the 2 happy lover there but there's nearly nothing. We see much about Haruka and Akane (maybe a little too much of Akane. I don't hate her but she is not a principal character) , Shinji, Mitsuki's boss and the mermaid but where is the two principal characters? Something is missing. I don't know, our 4 buddy could a maked a meeting or something like that. Ok, ok I think that would have sucked too :P but there's just...something that's missing in the end.

I'll finish my (kinda big) advice with this :

For me, Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien's ending is similar to Lastexile's one for 1 main reason : It's a good ending, but not as great than the whole series.

Last edited by Eloking; 2004-01-05 at 03:12.
Eloking is offline   Reply With Quote