View Single Post
Old 2017-06-13, 09:33   Link #548
Jirachier

Quote:
Tatsuya thought he was helped because Lina's naivety.
During fight against Miyuki, she honestly thought of preparing and invoking spell only after sign of starting duel, while Miyuki prepared before hand and readily invoking it after the sign.
During her fight against Tatsuya, she honestly aiming Tatsuya's hand in order not to kill him and just listening to Tatsuya's rambling about FAE and surprised when Tatsuya's hand back even after burned to dust.
All in all, Lina's just honest girl to the core. Honestly fulfills her mission, honestly interacts with someone who can close to her, honestly interested in Tatsuya both in good and bad ways.
You never able to put the fault to the soldier, because a soldier only did what he/she was ordered. And all Lina did was following the order.
Even if she was truly just trying to knock him out and not kill him, again that's only so she can take him back to her country to be experimented on, how is that detail not relevant lol.
Being a soldier that follows orders doesn't mean you're never at fault, you made the choice to be a soldier and chose not to quit, I know it would be very difficult to do so considering her powers USNA wouldn't want to that to happen but that's still a choice, the choice to commit horrible acts instead of trying to leave the army if what they're asking you doesn't conform with your morality.

Quote:
Of course, normally using students as guinea pig is wrong in many ways. But if the result can justify it, then more or less it permissible (in Mahouka's universe I mean).
Also Kudou clan already got their punishment, by forced expulsion from 10MC member. Retsu didn't regret his decision but since the experiment didn't yield acceptable result, nothing can justify what he done (although the main reason of expulsion is because Makoto was cooperating with Zhou Gongjin before).
I'm not arguing against Kudou Restu's main objective with his experiment and whether it was right or wrong, it's more about his choice to ignore the fact that Tatsuya is heavily involved in the Nine School Competitions and still chose that as his location to test out his parasite dolls, not afraid to incur the wrath of Tatsuya.

My overall point is that characters that somewhat matter are never afraid to drag Tatsuya into problems and he constantly decides to let their provocations go unpunished makes it so they will continue to do so. What's the point of being so powerful if everyone knows you're never going to unleash that power upon them if they threaten your peaceful life.