View Single Post
Old 2006-07-13, 03:17   Link #160
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-Bomb
And then pick it up again in season two? >.> Why drop it if you'll just pick it up again?
...what.
Obviously you couldn't get my point after I spelled it all out.

Quote:
You must be the biggest optimist in the world. I've found that the Japanese tend to completely destroy any western show that they adapt for Japan. You mentioned Transformers earlier (and no, it's not an example of the following seasons being better than the preceeding), and that's a shining example of kanchoing something good.
My officemate would disagree on your opinion with Transformers, considering his reaction to Transformers: Robots in Disguise when I lent him my copy (he liked Optimus Prime's "Battle Mode" and the Gundam-like appearance of all the robots themselves).

Quote:
You can't have outgrown the cartoon industry as a whole if you're watching anime. It's the same damned industry in a different country with the same aims (selling merch), except instead of huggable stuffed bears that care or magical barbarians, you have tentacle rape, polygamy, and giant robots.
I see a bit of contradiction there. From what you point out based on the merchandice, the Cartoon Industry is aimed at kids (eg below 12), whereas the Anime Industry targets a much wider age group (or are you forgetting what Hentai is for?). This attitude is eerily like those stupid politicians lobbying against M and AO rated videogames like Grand Theft Auto because they still believe video games are for kids only.

Quote:
One would question your taste.
That's not the first time I got that remark. My cousin questions the taste of anyone above the age of 15 who watches anime other than Hentai or those without fanservice/ecchi content (though she considers anything with fanservice/ecchi content as Hentai as well).

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
You don't really mean that TH2 is better than the previous one Unless it's the other way around, but then, why make an example of it?
I didn't say that. I was referring to this:
Quote:
It's perfectly sane to assume that a 2nd season of a horrid anime is going to be more of the same garbage.
From my interpretation, that statement meant any next season/sequel/product follow of any series should contain the exact same content, design, and quality as the the former. But clearly, TH2 is not exactly the same as the first TH or TH:RMM with regards to content/storyline/etc (eg TH2 is not a continuation of TH like TH:RMM is). Now, whether TH2 is better or worse than TH is up to the viewer's opinion. My opinion? I like TH2 best, followed by TH:RMM, then the first TM. Others' opinions will vary of course.

Last edited by Sailor Enlil; 2006-07-13 at 03:35.
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote