View Single Post
Old 2018-04-30, 17:53   Link #98
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It doesn't really hold up, though. While the universe may (or may not) be finite, we're not anywhere close to exploiting 100% of it. And killing half the population would seriously hinder our productivity, which would make us even less capable of sustaining ourselves. I'm not saying resource scarcity isn't a problem, but Thanos isn't a solution. If overpopulation worries you, educate women and distribute condoms. And have some goddamn patience.
When I fleshed out, I don't just mean explaining his reasoning behind it, but also making it more grounded. If Thanos instead planned to reset the universe or to turn the universe into a totalitarian society, where he and his men oversee all resource distribution, then I feel like he may have had some reasoning behind him. I don't think for a five seconds that the movie wanted you to agree with Thanos, I just felt that if certain parts of his plan were changed (namely how extreme it is, or that it isn't much of a solution), then he would at least have something resembling an argument behind him.