View Single Post
Old 2018-06-15, 18:48   Link #31
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Does Im actually have the power to deal with these threats? Because for the past 900+ chapters, Im has been hiding behind the WG and its military powers. But we've seen that these forces are still not enough to deal with the yonkou and Dragon, for instance. Even back during Roger's era, Roger gave himself in. No one/nothing managed to take him down. And although he learned the truth of the history, he didn't get a chance to expose the WG to the masses of the entire world. I think Im fears the possibility of someone from this generation succeeding where Roger didn't. And when that inevitably happens, Im will cease to exist, thereby breaking the cycle of corruption that's been going on for centuries.
I think the Five Elders are this power. Major power houses who probably only act on Im's direct order, when the stability of the world is majorly threatened. It seems to me they're ready to head into battle. Why did they not act before? Because there were no need to. Everybody was kept in check, including the Yonkou. However, now, completely unpredictable people like Luffy and Blackbeard are gaining more and more power and influence. They may not be first on the hit list, but their time will come.

As for Roger, there are still lots of mysteries surrounding him. There could have been reasons he was allowed to reach Raftel and uncover the secret behind the Void Century.

Anyway, given the Five Elders' confidence they can get rid of anybody Im wishes to see gone from this world, and the fact Im is being introduced as the ultimate secret mastermind, it would make little sense if he didn't hold significant power.