Thread: Licensed Simoun
View Single Post
Old 2018-06-16, 00:10   Link #2996
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardFromMarple View Post
I really liked this when watched it 18 months ago after buying all the DVDs at an auction.

It had some interesting concepts, especially around gender issues & the "fairy punk" design to the technology, along with using a lot of performers more used to live action roles.

One of the few downsides i found was having too many regular characters, some seemed there just to make up the necessary amount to pilots for the Simouns.

If the aspects of least interesting ones had been merged into less but more rounded characters it would have been a bit better.
I do agree that there were too many characters. Some have said that there was too much character development among the protagonists and not enough on the plot development. While it's not a big deal to most, I never liked the idea that everyone was born female and would have to go through a gender reassignment to be permanently a man or woman.

What was also a missed opportunity was never resolving the fate of Amuria. Where did she ended up in the timestream. It would had been nice if the producers had put to rest the speculation on her whereabouts..
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote