View Single Post
Old 2018-06-29, 15:09   Link #3
amehmood16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
8 animation directors for this episode, which was hardly intense in term of action, so it is safe to say the production collapse happened around episode 6 at the very latest and they couldn't never handle it.
Unfortunately, the aftermath is pretty obvious: it is the worst episode in term of production value, and the storyboard couldn't really make up for it. In fact, I found Kaname's scene and the very last one pretty underwhelming in term of execution and flow.

At the very least, they covered the key parts here. Bonus point for not skipping Tessa's anguish about the sacrifices she went through.
Episode 7 looked very good though although I read somewhere that it was mostly Production IG staff doing that episode so it doesn't really count as Xebec. I'm hoping the production team has moved all the best people to the finale special and that's why the quality has suffered the last few episodes. It makes sense because after an episode like this you wouldn't normally expect the studio to announce a big special so soon. This episode didn't even have any notable staff or ADs on it at all.