View Single Post
Old 2018-07-07, 11:07   Link #8583
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermind3342 View Post
without cheat ability?
as long as he behave like john smith in their earlier time, having trauma like hayato, and have a desire to fix their life like rudeus, even if this is hard and cruel process, i think they could pull it out.. even without cheat...as long as, like maryest has said, they have the dependable companion to give them support (mentally physically etc)

well some kind like re:zero mc but without his cheat,
but more like he only has his incredible luck and living force as his cheat
Do you think that the MC should be patient (not all the time, but certain times) or at least cautious, or at the very least not reckless? The reason I'm asking is that it's another thing I found interesting concerning certain 'ethical issues'; and how most readers responded negatively to it.

Two examples I can think of is the LN concerning 7 High School students being transferred to another world (forgot the title), a lot of the readers were angry with Shinobu was because when the little village girl was getting whipped, she decided to bargain and exchanged with the village girl to be taking captive instead of charging in and kicking all of their butts.

Another example is with Michio in Slave Harem, and which when Michio was investigating the outskirts of the city, where a lot of bandits were stationed at. Michio received a lot of flak for not helping a woman who was ganged up (and worst) by a group of bandits.

The reason I found this interesting is that it correlates to certain examples in other series. In Maken no Daydreamer, the girl innkeeper told Minato of the various incidents where people (moreso women) will pretend to be in trouble for someone to help them, only for that helpful person to fall into a trap and various bad things happening to them (be sold in slavery). It helps that the situation with Elk is an example of this (and doesn't help her case as people still give her flak for it).

Then there's the event happening in Uwatewano (don't think I spelled it right, nor is it an isekai), where a group of thieves were pretending to be merchants to catch people on surprise (and I think a couple of things like this happens in Death March).
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote