View Single Post
Old 2018-07-14, 16:17   Link #14
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Well, the first episode completely threw me through a loop after the elevator scene. It's like a confusing mix of Mahou Shoujo, Utena, Yurikuma Arashi, Kannazuki no Miko and maybe AKB0048 blended into one (which makes sense since I heard the director worked with the director of Yurikuma). The talking giraffe part and the sewing machine transformation was weird, and now I'm just royally confused by the show.
I don't see AKB0048 in this at all. AKB was the most straight forward show you could find. The idols were literally freedom fighters. Literally. This show, on the other hand, it's highly symbolic. Heck, there's a fucking giraffe giving instructions to the protagonist. It doesn't get more symbolic than that.

What will make or break this show is whether all this symbolism actually means something or is just style with no substance. Right now it looks like the latter to me, to be honest. On top of that the protagonist looks like one of those OP mary sues that can beat everyone easily. That's also not a good sign.