View Single Post
Old 2018-08-28, 12:26   Link #7
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Very good fight animation but I just don't feel anything when it comes to all the emotional moments (plus, Riku's cheesy "I won't give up!!"-antics and his scream at the end of the episode is rather groan-inducing to me). And they're trying to (finally) give Ogre more screentime this late in the game? Well, sorry if my investment to his character is close to zero. That's your own damn fault, show. Due to my low expectation, all I care about this episode is the fight spectacle and I got that, at least. So I'll give it a "good" score.

Next episode: Civil War? Also, Tsukasa to the rescue!! Yay?
Ogre was shown a decent amount. I just don't get how you aren't emotionally invested. This series has been nothing but good and happy times and this Saras situation flipped everything on its head giving the series a tonal shift and thus making everything much more emotionally investing. There were no stakes before this was just a fun game. I mean you had cheaters but again still just a game and then the stakes got to big to be believable. Now its oh shit my friend is going to be deleted and theres nothing we can do. We the audiance know thats not the case but the characters don't. We finally have Riku fighting with all his emotions and at that losing technically. This episode was done right in every aspect.