View Single Post
Old 2006-07-25, 20:03   Link #19
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Click here for the actual link..I know last time they said JYB was gonna be Naruto and that didn't come true...

OK I'm gonna have to agree...I don't have anything against JYB's voice, I think It works as Vash, Kiba(wolf's rain) and even Renton (Eureka7), but he has to change it up seriously for Ichigo...I don't think he's ever screamed as much as he's gonna scream in BLEACH...It just boggles my mind how every english shonen dub (except for YuYu hakusho) the main character has a timid voice (Gohan, Goku in DB, Yoh Asakura, Luffy, Naruto, Ginji, etc, and now Ichigo) You can set your watch to this $hit...I think his voice should be closer to Ban Mido in Getbackers (Don't know who did that one)..He should have some bass in his voice, and when all else fails call the god of VA's Steven Blum...Yeah I know he does everthing but he still would make a great Ichigo...But maybe JYB has us all fooled since I can't recall him ever playing a character this bold..He might surprise us...Hopefully he will...

Damn I just remembered he was Claire Leonelli in Heatguy J...He was dope in that one, perhaps his best (He was psyco-melodic in that one)...and he's Ghram in The Mars Daybreak (Now he does a good job of sounding like an actual grown-up man in that one--I suggest you guys watch an ep to see)

Anyways I hope Gin gets that sly country engrish voice like his dialect with L***r some time ago...

edit: Ishida is Keitaro from Love Hina?!! Uh-Oh...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2006-07-25 at 20:16.