Thread: Licensed Shokugeki no Soma [Manga]
View Single Post
Old 2018-11-24, 16:04   Link #18651
Iron21

One thing that irritated me about this chapter is Erina. The last time we saw her, she was raging hard because Asahi kidnapped her, and had her tied to a chair in a room full of drugs and killer henchman. We get to this chapter, she's standing next to him while he reads their future honeymoon plans to her?... She's stuttering talking to him and the best thing she could do was give him a half ass tsundere routine that is usually reserve for Soma when he mildly annoys her.

She also says she doesn't get involved with people she doesn't even know? (I mean, he's a dark chef, he kidnapped you, and trying to force you to marry him, what more do you really need to know?) She allows him to tell her his sob story that may or may not be true. Instead of just simply walking away from him (You're not tied to chair still?). After he tells his story, she gets fluster over his quirky personalty and is not sure if he's serious, but thinks she saw his true self while staring at him? Then she still engages him afterward as his continues to plan their honeymoon? And this also after he admitted he wants to eliminate Soma and become him... I know what Tsukuda was trying to do here, but I found this interaction a joke and felt like the situation was getting treated like one too.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote