Thread: Licensed Boku no Hero Academia
View Single Post
Old 2019-01-25, 19:37   Link #4064
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I loved Gentle's Arc because they went back to him learning a new technique that has been shown, his finger flick air canon, and his observations to match Gentle. But now, not only has Izuku not gotten to the point where he can use 20% freely, or mastered his air cannon, or showed the full extent of the stuff Vault Boy could do, but he has at least 5 other powers on top of Black Whip, which he's showing the capacity to use at the end of the chapter.

The more powers you have, the less you have to rely on others when this series is pushing that theme that All Might is not here anymore. Everyone is supposed to make up for his loss by working together, Hawks and Endeavor, this whole class battle arc to show how smart each class is with their strategies. It sends a contrasting message, especially if the series is halfway over. It's jarring to see Mineta being proud of his new application of his grapes while Izuku gets a new power entirely.
Now that you point it out, I dislike that he didn't get to show off his air canon. I really hope he isn't going to forget this technique now that he's got a new quirk. This technique allowed him to use a ranged attack and Black Whip does just that too.