View Single Post
Old 2019-02-12, 13:37   Link #3869
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
I'm reading the official Youkoso Jitsuryoku translation (volume 1) and I can't help but be reminded of all normal Ayanokoji's narration is compared to how he is in latter volumes. If it wasn't for future knowledge and subtle hints here and there I would've been convinced that he's your everyday average rom com MC. It actually felt natural how he gushes over how cute and nice Kushida is like a lovestruck schoolboy or how he worried about how he's going to make friends or how he pretends to be scared of Horikita's threats as if he's just your poor average school boy getting bullied by the local tsundere. The author did a really good job at masking how fucked up and far away from "average" Ayanokoji actually is.

In line with that topic another thing worth talking about is, I can't help but feel that Ayanokoji suffered a form of character degradation as the volumes went on in the sense that circumstances forced him to step away from trying to be normal which was his biggest wish. In hindsight it was really clear from volume 1 that Ayanokoji was trying to move on from his "winning is all that matters" and "everyone is just tools for me to use" mindset. The fact that he was genuinely trying to make friends with Ike and Yamauchi despite how useless those two were is actually endearing in a weird way since you can see how hard he's trying to appear normal. It also makes it sorta sad that their relationship fell apart after volume 5 even if those two were dipshits.
Yeah, so the vol 4 where he reveals his true nature is so shocking.

Quote:
As for Nagumo..... his the same as Suzune but more mature. Right now, Suzune is annoying. She picked Kushida over Kyuubeykouji. She is the same to Nagumo that they both won't let anyone on their class be expelled but I wonder. In vol 10, someone got expelled in class C right? I stopped reading too much detailed spoilers and summary because I'm currently reading the book but now, maybe after reading vol 9.
Was not it Manabu?

About the bastard, I believe he can even confront 50% in the next volume, like go directly into his class and say loudly for everyone to hear that he knows that it was he who spread the rumors in vol 9 and that he served as bridge for the agreement between Class B and D. And in the end challenge Ayanokouji.

As Nagumo loves to show how strong and powerful he is, I think doing that would be possible.

Last edited by LG-MAX 2.o; 2019-02-12 at 13:48.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote