View Single Post
Old 2019-02-14, 09:40   Link #3880
Lancelot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
The context of the passage when Ayanokoji is thinking about his father's thought process makes me more inclined towards thinking that the genetics he's referring to is more related to inborn/natural talent rather than what family you were born into.

Yea I know, but volume 8 SS Arisu heavily implies that the person who saved her is Ayanokoji. I believe it's more likely for Arisu to remember correctly, given Arisu's infatuation with Ayanokoji, then it is for Ayanokoji to remember that he saved some random girl on the beach. Also while it's true that Ayanokoji has excellent memory, it seems to apply more when he's focused on something so it's possible that the event of saving some girl on the beach was so meaningless for him that he forgot about the characteristics of the girl.

Granted I suppose it's possible that the author is trying to show how obsessed Arisu is with Ayanokoji to the point of deluding herself that a complete stranger who just happened to save her is Ayanokoji.
The SS you're talking about is Arisu 2 from Volume 8? I thought it had been confirmed that it wasn't Ayanokouji the person on the beach.
Lancelot is offline   Reply With Quote