Thread: Licensed Chainsawman
View Single Post
Old 2019-03-24, 13:34   Link #16
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

What worries me about this manga is the fact that it isn't exactly your typical shounen. I'm worried that readers won't see its appeal and because of that, it'll fall out of favour with them, which may unfortunately result in an axing.

For example, while Denji is an idiot, which is typical for a shounen protagonist, by the same token, he's only an idiot because he was denied the opportunity to to go to school. Therefore, he's already different from the traditional idiot MC because there's a legitimate reason given for why he's an idiot. Also, looking at the newest chapter (15), due to their current predicament, normally, your typical shounen protagonist wouldn't be as calm and composed as Denji is. The dude said "screw it!" and decided to take a nap. lol

Another thing I noticed is that Denji can potentially build his own little harem. Considering that this isn't a romcom, this is also atypical for a battle shounen. Maybe if it was isekai, the potential harem would make more sense. We can defo count Makima and Power, but I can also see Kobeni joining at some point after working out her fear/confidence issues. Why? Because we all know that Denji's gonna eventually save her from some life or death situation and he's going to directly or indirectly cure those issues of hers. Either that or I'm overthinking it. Granted, this story is serialized long enough for that prediction of mine to come to pass or not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote