Thread: Licensed Shokugeki no Soma [Manga]
View Single Post
Old 2019-04-19, 12:16   Link #19065
Used Can

If Tsukuda really values his career, once SnS is over (and we don't know if the manga will end with this arc) he would be better off taking some writing courses, even if it's just basic writing.
Ever since the RdC you can tell he has close to no idea about foreshadowing and development (both for the plot and the characters). His inability to write a decent plot (and this manga never needed a plot, to be honest) turned this once fun manga into a mess, with events occurring without any actual set-up, and characters hardly ever developing. The excessive focus on the MC is also not good for the series and even for the MC himself.

I said Tsukuda needs to learn how to develop characters, but now that I think about it, the problem goes deeper than that, at least with Souma. I believe it's a big issue when things are getting complicated, yet the MC is unfazed by things. Even if he's supposed to be acting composed, we should be shown that inside he's troubled. But in Souma's case he's always chill, and that's problematic because if the MC doesn't give a fuck, then why should I?