Thread: Licensed Shokugeki no Soma [Manga]
View Single Post
Old 2019-04-20, 10:27   Link #19072
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post
^Yeah, Asahi is pretty much a ridiculous character ever since he beat Jouichiro, who has been established as one of, if not the best chef in the manga.

As for the romance, I honestly don't expect much since the author is clearly not good at this. The chemistry maybe there, the interests maybe there, but that's about it. Readers can't also relate to Soma on a personal level since all his battles were either to compete for a prize, or to clean up someone's mess (mostly Jouichiro's).
Yeah Asahi was basically Mimisaka 2.0 and he worked as well as the original aka not very. As for the romance... non-existent. No chemistry at all compared to other characters they're trying to write it into existence but it really hasn't worked.

As for Soma being relatable i'd say no. He's your typical WSJ hero whose got a chip on his shoulder and wins in way so ridiculous that you look at him like... really. If anything Soma is actually overrated as a character.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote