Thread: Nintendo Switch
View Single Post
Old 2019-07-18, 20:49   Link #399
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'm not on serenade's level of pessimism, but I think calling the waves "clear" (other than the number of them) is a bit incorrect (unless I'm just misunderstanding your statement).

Wave 1 - Officer Outfits for the MC? It reads like this should be a bonus, but it's also all that's listed for wave 1.

Wave 2 - Some "auxiliary battle maps", in game support items, "and more"

Wave 3 - Quests and costumes and a free update

Wave 4 - New story content, new playable characters/locations, and a free update.

So looking at this, wave 4 is the only one that looks even halfway decent as it stands. However, it's also 9.5 months away, so it's as good as useless unless the additional story is absolutely massive.

As far as the voucher goes... I'm very tempted to get it myself. Problem is, I have a 25% off physical video game coupon that expires at the end of the month too. I know I want to get Three Houses (usually prefer physical but could accept digital), and I think I'd enjoy Mario Maker 2 as a digital game. Otherwise looking at the current voucher list, the only other thing I'd want would be DQXI. But my RPG backlog is so huge as it is that this probably wouldn't get played for years.

Though I also have like $34 in eshop credit that I've had since Awakening came out that I still haven't used, so that'd probably make the voucher cheaper...
I'm doing my best to get multiple pairs of vouchers so I can "save" money on games I'd expect myself to buy anyway within the next year. That's a shame about DQXI it does look really good (I say as someone who sunk over 100 hours into the pc version and is double-dipping, lol, since my pc was way too weak to play that game in a proper sense).

Yeah, the dlc is certainly vague in a sense, but what I do know is that for both Awakening and Fates the dlc stuff that I did see actually looked really interesting and I did pick up a few dlc things for both and actually enjoyed them especially for grinding purposes in making things easier for myself on lunatic (which I realize defeats the purpose, but eh). Anyway, I suspect that I'll likely enjoy most if not all of the dlc so I'm excited for it since I enjoyed the very few bits and pieces I played of past dlc (some of which looked really cool). I just think it's nice to at least give us a vague outline of what the dlc will be like this time and give us an expansion pass for it. This practice is pretty nice. Like I said before, I avoided the Valencia dlc after losing my Japanese 3ds so I guess I got saved, lol.

@Serenade Corpse Party sounds absolutely terrifying from everything I know about it. I respect you for even buying it in the first place.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote