Thread: Crunchyroll Digimon Adventure: Anticipation
View Single Post
Old 2020-01-19, 10:31   Link #18
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Everyone out here talking bout wanting a Tamers reboot/sequel and I'm just sitting here hoping that they do the shipping justice in this Adventure reboot. It's been almost 20 years and I'm still a little bitter over their choice to go with Sorato instead of Taiora...

Btw, I'm not one of the unreasonable Taiora shippers that trashes the Sorato ship every chance I get. My major complaint with their Sorato choice is the fact that anyone could've seen that the writers were actively working towards a Taiora pairing for most of the series, but for whatever reason decided to switch gears and ship her with Yamato instead. It felt like an afterthought and this left us in a awkward situation where she had much better chemistry with Tai, but all of that chemistry was ignored in favour of going with what seems like a shock pairing imo.

I'd like to get a Taiora pairing in this reboot if possible, but if they decide to stick with the original ships they established 19 years ago, that's also fine. However, the least they can do is properly build towards these ships so fans would have an easier time accepting them this time round (after we're finished ranting and complaining about why X ship was better than Y ship that is).
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.