View Single Post
Old 2020-10-10, 06:14   Link #47
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Eh......She's 18 at the end of previous ep.
Oh I've rewatched it. You are right. Like fine print in a contract, they stuck it in in the ED portion with the song and credits.

But I don't think that really damages my criticism, because they've just established the character using most of episode 1 and she was a lot more bouncy and frankly interesting thing to watch. Once you've established a character, you can't just say "OK, 3 years have passed" in tiny print, effectively change the character to something more "mature" (subdued) and expect that to go well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I think people misunderstand the show. This is a character-driven show, so it's to be expected they didn't explore the setting and whatnot, and instead focused on Saya and her situation. It's that kind of show. If that's not to your liking, stop watching it now.
I watched this as a "chaaracter-driven" show and didn't think too hard about things like using Search magic. I did, however, feel that neither Saya nor the protagonist were particularly interesting. Saya's scenario feels quite worn with no interesting twists nor is Saya interesting to watch (she isn't for example particularly clumsy which might be good for a couple of laughs), and since Elaina is too mature, she doesn't have snappy comebacks or anything to spice up the scene. It wasn't comedy and it wasn't drama. So it is frankly pretty "meh".

Last edited by arkhangelsk; 2020-10-10 at 06:20. Reason: Add Kazu answer
arkhangelsk is online now   Reply With Quote