Thread: Cyberpunk 2077
View Single Post
Old 2020-12-13, 12:28   Link #79
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Lily View Post
So I hear this game is downright unplayable on PS4, but does it refer to only regular version or Pro too?
I've heard about this, even with xbox. Not sure about PS5. It seems that that the limited pre-release reviews for the game were to PC reviewers and no console reviewers. The company seems to be under fire because of how horrible the performance is on console. Not to mention, the game looks utterly disgusting on low settings. They say they should have delayed the game until next year, but like other companies, they pushed it out fast. On the other hand, I have it on PC. I only have an i5 and 16 gigs ram with a 2080 and it runs decent. The game looks beautiful with raytracing on, but my old parts are holding me back. I can only play the game on 1080p with RT off, but the game still looks pretty good. Frames I pull are about 60 for the most part, sometimes it dips 30-40s depending in parts of the open city but its good overall. With RT on, I hover 30-40's and it's pretty noticeable.

Enjoying the game and the open worldness. Most of the side missions are your typical kills this, pick up this, or rescue this person. Best part being open world is you can do it any way you want. I do have to say that if you are playing the game on a stealth route, it's a bit more difficult as you have to really take your time move from place to place, making distractions, etc (I gave up on the stealth route). Or you can go in just guns blazing like me, except I'm melee/blade.

Biggest tip/info to give is regarding the level up system and perk levels (skill trees) for those that don't know how it works: (Edited AGAIN)
-Every character level you get 1 point to level up a SKILL tree (i.e. Reflexes, Cool, Intelligence, etc) and you also get 1 perk point to level up an actual perk.
-When you open up a perk tree, down to the left is a level gauge which tells you your reward for level up that perk
-some give you +1 perk points, others increase damage, etc, so this is how you get more perk points

Hope this helped. I didn't understand this until literally like 5+ hours in the game because I was wondering how to get more perk points. Essentially, you can keep getting more perk points by using skills and weapons for other trees and leveling them up.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”

Last edited by barcode120x; 2020-12-16 at 13:57.
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote