View Single Post
Old 2020-12-15, 17:33   Link #7
marvelB

Huh, and here I figured I'd see people bitching about all the attention Ace got this chapter (from at least three characters, no less!). Well, color me surprised! Personally, the only gripe I have so far is that apparently Pudding's hidden power was just the ability to decipher the ancient texts. I mean, it makes sense why Linlin would desire such an ability, but I figured there would be more to Pudding's secret than that. Hopefully, there are indeed more mysteries behind her to be unearthed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodspirit View Post
Not a fan of all the reveals when our SHPs aren't even there to hear them though.
Luffy not reaching the roof in 999 reduces a lot of possibilities for 1000.
Actually, the chapter's ending gives me the impression that Oda's leaning towards a Kaidou flashback for chapter 1000. Heck, maybe even a flashback about the Rocks pirate crew in general. I'd say learning the history behind the man who was the closest there was to being Pirate King before Roger would count as a pretty significant event worthy of the thousandth chapter....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
In before Eiichiro had a Pokémon kick when he made the chapter. Suddenly Magikarp and Gyarados got more street cred.
To be fair, Magikarp/Gyarados was originally based on the Chinese myth, not the other way around, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
so Big Mom didn't fly up there to betray Kaidou...

good chance they BOTH fall this arc...
If anything, the fact that Big Mom intends to capture Robin lends all the MORE credence toward her being toppled alongside Kaidou this arc. No way in hell is Luffy going to stand idly by and let that happen.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote