Thread: Crunchyroll 86 TV anime
View Single Post
Old 2021-05-24, 20:47   Link #660
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Well ever heard about explosive carrying dolphins?

Either way, they don't really have choice as part of their propaganda is how Republic created superior "unmanned drones" compared to Empire and its not like they can put Alba citizens into cockpit and hope their families wouldn't notice...

And honestly if you can let pig's fight instead of you, who wouldn't take that offer? I certainly would (well if it were really actual pigs of course), because I have quite aversion towards body harm and death happening to me. Plus this way noone have to feel guilty.

And lastly ever heard about The Stanford prison experiment. It's pretty easy to make such happen especially if intensional social tempering is involved.

Standford prison experiment, the guards were consumed by the role they played. Nevertheless, it was still a role. Here it is more akin to how modern people take for granted that homo sapiens > homo erectus for example. How do you even educate a whole population in that in 9 years?

And no if I seriously saw some life form as a pig, I wouldn't trust it on a battlefield given that a pig is well....inept as a controlled soldier. Since the 86s are obviously competent, those in the know are obviously caught in some form of double think.....ie "well, they are a non-human species who happen to be very good at organized warfare" Which goes back to the main question, how do you indoctrinate an entire nation to view one of its subpopulations as that in 9 years?

You see all the wars and tribe vs tribe IRL? all of them are emotional, yup, even Nazi eugenics. There's full of reference how Jews, Slavs etc are "less human" but which still acknowledges indirectly as a result the fact they are human and one has to condition oneself to treat them otherwise.

But here it's apparently treated as an academic fact, given from how natural the dude's reaction was when he's regurgitating some textbook line that 86s are non-human. So how do you even get that level of indoctrination in a mere 9 years.....Plenty of people walking around would still remember what an 86 is