View Single Post
Old 2021-07-05, 00:53   Link #9
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Good 1st episode. Covers most of the dynamics and also shows the background plot particularly with respect to his family. He is the eldest son and in the period it is depicted, by feudal primogeniture, he is the one who has inherited the title of his father, Duke. This means that the family is related to the royal family. With no father seen in the family dinner, he is effectively the Duke and head of the family. His mother seems to want to wrest the title away from him to his younger brother who is still young enough that she can control him.

With regards to Alice, she appears to know what is happening and has come to the Duke's side. Whether she actually likes him or not, she knows she has the advantage and playing it to the hilt by constantly flirting and teasing him. Some of the teases are just pure sexual harassment. The Duke is just too gentlemanly and very much aware of his curse to do anything about it. Plus, he longs for companionship so much that he latches on to what Alice offers him - even declaring his love for her, in part because there's no one else that he knows of that he even cares enough for him to be by his side. It's a very sad state of affairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Alice is definitely going to be the main draw, here. She's completely head over heels for her master and is a total tease. I know she teases him to make him flustered, but being shown her body knowing I can never touch it would frustrate me to no end and just make me more miserable. Considering she will die if she touches him, gotta admire how far she's willing to go to tease and flirt with the Duke.
Not surprised that Alice would be the main draw for general male anime fans. She is drawn like girl/waifu of their dreams, plus she is a maid too in a low slung maid uniform and wearing garters and net leggings. There are quite a number of these vocal/outspoken male anime fans who tend to have masochistic tendencies. Those that want female characters to tease them, verbally abuse them, slap them, beat them, etc. Alice's interactions with the Duke is catnip for them. They could imagine self-inserting themselves as the Duke. Being ostracised, but also being a rich titled nobility and living comfortably with a maid that solely services, teases, and sexually harasses them. Pure fantasy wish fulfillment.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote