View Single Post
Old 2021-08-21, 17:49   Link #206
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
There was an 8-9 year gap between 3.0 and 3.0 + 1.0. If you're saying that anything more one movie during that time was "biting off more than they could chew" -- I'm not sure if you're making the case you want to be making.
If 9 years was the time they needed to make Eva 4 then so be it. I'm not gonna be a smart-ass and talk like I know what Studio Khara's work ethics is like. As long as nobody is harmed or cheated, they do they.

Quote:
Nothing is nothing whether you rush it or not. If you multiply any amount of time by zero -- its still zero. For example, 15 years x 0 = 0
Like I said before: only time will tell.

If they decide to make nothing while they enjoy the Eva money, I'm also fine with it. They earned it anyway. It was their own work.

Quote:
If you're excited for his reboots that's your prerogative but considering the general disdain the guy has towards his audience and the shit he talks on anime as a whole the fact that he does nothing but work with old IP and leaves his studio mostly idle is kind of sad. I guess his audience is used to being talked down to though and mostly just thinks he's tsundere. I'm not sure what deredere Anno looks like though...
I' not gonna be here talking like I know how Anno feels towards otaku right now.

Still, considering I'm not your typical Japanese hardcore otakus who lock themselves in rooms watching anime/playing games and being NEETs/hikkis, I think Anno's message to "Get a life" to such people is a healthy one. It's not just him though, even many of the anime medium which was designed to be an escapism has an underlying "Move forward & get a life"-message towards the hikkis. For example, Re:Zero & SSSS.Gridman which blatantly presented such message and those works are actually very succesful & appreciated.