View Single Post
Old 2021-10-10, 17:49   Link #16
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Digimon Ghost Game. Episode 2: The Mystery of the Museum

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Fun episode. Glad they don't seem to be going with purely evil enemies the entire time, opting for some well intentioned Digimon that just had a massive misunderstanding. Also got the first of Gammamon's star-themed Champion forms; the red-colored vaccine-type BezelGammamon.

Also, we got a subtle call-out to Greymon I'm pretty sure early in the episode.

And it looks like we get the next companion next week. The setup they're going with is what I expected the guy to have with Jellymon, since it seems HIGHLY likely that the source of his trauma is being followed/"haunted" by Jellymon for a while and thinking it's a legit ghost.
I'm starting to grow fond of Ghost Game due that the writers are injecting an unconventional approach to the Digimon generic formula. Haven't seen this kind of freshness in a Digimon show since the Digimon Tamers era from 20 years ago.

For the time being the wandering Digimon either have misguided motivations or completely misunderstand the nuances of the human world which delivers gravitas into their deeds.
They're not acting purely on the dichotomy of light vs. darkness trope, leaving the door open for Hiro to actually persuade them to reform their ways on their own.
Of course, still we need digivolutions and battles, because that's the mainstream that sells in each entry into the mega-franchise.

Still, I'm keeping my expectations grounded and will continue watching the series to see how and where it heads by the time it reaches the 13th episode; keeping fingers that it won't regress to the TOEI formulaic and generic tropes.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote