View Single Post
Old 2021-12-23, 12:45   Link #295
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing;6496245

@[B
Triple_R[/B]: Well, nice to see you on another topic about yuri. I never really felt Kukuru and Fukka were that close and people were pushing for that really hard at the start. Despite that I felt it certainly seems they (along with Kyoani) would rather not have het romances anyways so.... why not. Well, maybe next time.
Nice to see you, Archon, it's been awhile! And yeah, anime with yuri potential tend to get the most attention from me these days. Aquatope wasn't as yuri as Bloom Into You or Adachi to Shimamura, but to me, the FuukaXKukuru relationship was close to the point of feeling romantic.

Quote:
@all: I find it funny this show has lots of Penguins and now there seems to be a new Penguindrum work.
A big part of why I liked Aquatope a lot was the penguins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
I give this anime two scores... a high 9/10 for the first 12 episodes. And a very generous 3/10 for the second half. First half of the show has mystery with the magical visions that people see, the mysterious boy, and Fuuka being the mostly the focus + attempts to save Gama Gama. Second half is just a business show, and Kukuru drama which is so boorrring... glad I did not pre-order anything in this show, as it would be entirely a waste of precious money.
I liked the first half more than the 2nd half. You did a good job of explaining the strengths of the first half. I wonder if Aquatope would have been better received if the entire show was just its first half, if it was an one cour anime.