View Single Post
Old 2021-06-18, 14:36   Link #14
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Barrel bottom sighting?
Do you really have to say that every time there's a new show in or loosely connected to the isekai genre? There's plenty of great isekai, and I'd say most that I've seen are at least good, though admittedly one of the worst anime I ever saw was one. That said, isekai is far broader than just the OP harem protagonist who saves the world (though again even those are often at least fair). And this one is several steps removed from just about everything people complain about with the genre. It's not about a guy in another world, it's about a guy trying to take care of a guy who spent seventeen years trying to survive in another world. Far as I've read there's not even really any mention of him having saved the world; he has powers, but that's hardly the point of the story. Instead it's full of confusion as the nephew deals with a guy who's seventeen years out of the loop. Didn't even have a romance over there, though that's largely because the concept of Tsundere only came out in 2004 and he was isekai'd in 2000, so in his eyes the standard lines were cruel harassment.