View Single Post
Old 2022-08-17, 18:50   Link #30
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
Wano is an isolated country, so that speech Hiyori made is... not the least surprising. And it opens the door for further developments down the line, because I know Wano as a whole is still not over.

He didn't. As I said above, Wano is still not over, it will be revisited in the future. Is not just Ryuma, there are quite a lot of things that have yet to be addressed even after all this time. The skeleton that appeared before Zoro is a result of him being at death's door.

Many people in this forum still do not get it. Oda no longer writes self-contained arcs. Wano's not over, just like Fishman Island is also not over. You can look forward to further developments in these countries in a not so far future.
I think you're giving Oda too much credit. Personally, I've more of the mind he didn't even realize the implication of Hiyori's line, and included it simply because he believed it was cool since it mirrors Oden's trademark line.

I seriously doubt he has any intention to make Momo and Hiyori morally gray characters. In fact, we were already told Momo will become a great Shogun.