View Single Post
Old 2022-10-05, 13:44   Link #79
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
given that the anime came first, and Smasher hasn't gotten an ICE since, it's an oversight on the anime's part.
Also If you account for Lucy being heavily beaten up, V was literally on the verge of death, so there is still a huge hole in the anime's logic of Smasher being able to easily repel Lucy's hack there.
My point was that Adam Smasher is presented as a difficult cyborg to kill. There is absolutely nothing unreasonable in itself about a severely beaten Lucy failing to hack such an experienced and augmented cyborg with Arasaka's hacking-defence resources behind him, who has presumably been killing anyone who tried to hack him to death since I think the 2010s. It's a 'newb on the verge of death' managing to hack and kill this final boss which, in itself, requires much more justification than you're giving me if the game isn't weakening its internal credibility with a less-than-probable feat. V needs to have some advantage Lucy didn't have, to hack Adam Smasher without making for an unconvincing resolution. Which Edgerunners would have strongly improved on in terms of drama and likelihood by their ending where Smasher isn't so easily hacked.

Last edited by Ghostfriendly; 2022-10-05 at 13:56.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote