View Single Post
Old 2022-11-08, 06:17   Link #249
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

It depends on how you perceived chuuni culture, honestly.

His performance also the "Atomic" ASMR moment entertained audience used to LARP so its not all failure.
No need to unnecessarily expand it to personal taste when it comes to Gary Stu. If its Kirito, I can understand because he really is undisputed as he made progress, but this super power MC is never considered as man of perfect attitude by people around him (ate Alpha's lunch) on top being person who arranged furniture just so he can looking great when giving order to Beta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Anyhoo, random thought; its kinda annoying not to really get a grasp of what the world is like. Like, is Alpha an elf? Clearly there are different races, but the world-building aspect of the show feels pretty lacking thus far. I can't remember a single detail outside of Cid's hometown being smaller than the city they are currently in. Things like how big the world is, the status of various cities or countries or people is a complete unknown. Maybe this information is not necessary since it is possible that the world revolves around Cid as the protagonist, and from his perspective, all extraneous elements are unimportant and thus not shown. But as a viewer, it feels like I'm locked in a mansion, never understanding the outside world because I can only look out the window. It just feels limited in my opinion.
Wasn't Cid or Alpha once mentioned that elf and other races were rarely going far from their settlement compare to humans?
That, and most isekai LN rarely going deep when it comes to world building anyway. Its not everyday you can found delivery of arranged, jointed 'mess' like Anos Voldigoad.