View Single Post
Old 2006-08-21, 14:17   Link #38
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye.. Honey & Clover just leaves many of these "game conversions" in the dust though I'll say Canvas 2 came a lot closer (they didn't freak out til the last couple of episodes). I'll point to H&C as an example of how good behavioral exposition can involve characters doing radically different things yet remain true to their personalities. Lamune was another game conversion anime that worked *really* well, imo whether or not you liked the path taken.

Heh, we were probably pounding on the keyboard at the same time ...

I just see no excuse for writers to get away with poor effort even when the source material is an ero-game. Every anime has a *team* of writers headed up by a senior writer whose job it is to make sure the team "stays on the same page" .... that seriously didn't happen here. It reminds me of a script Harlan Ellison wrote for Original Star Trek (eventually made into "The City on the Edge of Forever") ... it was a brilliant script --- but the characters did not act the way they'd already established in previous episodes (including such things as on-board drug dealing and addiction) ... and had to be substantially rewritten. (which pissed Ellison off but then he's usually pissed off anyway ).

edit: argh... didn't notice this was *another* necromantic thread.... I need to start paying more attention .... this thread dates from February.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-08-21 at 14:29.