View Single Post
Old 2023-04-09, 02:53   Link #14
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

'Til death brings us together.

So Shiori decides to pursue a career as a manga assistant after the one who made her love manga, her grandmother, passed away. Meanwhile, Ichiro had always been a manga artist, but the death of his father and the sudden moving away of his mother had forced him to be the breadwinner of two younger siblings. Good thing he was left with an apartment with tenants.

I personally found the setup a bit weird. Can't explain how, but it just feels off. Hopefully, subsequent episodes would stumble a bit less. That said, Shiori's personality is interesting; while being quite aloof, she is passionate and has a good insight of Ichiro's character.

Now I wonder why Shiori decided to eat alone during her first dinner. Is she following some sort of custom from the Meteor Country (which doesn't seem that far away from Japan)? Or it's a way to avoid Ichiro from touching her "thorn"?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote