View Single Post
Old 2023-06-29, 22:10   Link #1922
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Rewatch the scene where Prospera nudge Miorine to go down the Earth and read the TV news headlines. It clearly says that Quinharbour is an active warzone with multiple casualties on both side before Miorine decide to go down to Earth. Violence happening is why Miorine decided to go there in the first place.
And? No one denied that.

You may want to rewatch the scene where Miorine secured a truce before Prospera fucked it up. Even before that, violence had eased off because of her arrival.

The place being violent beforehand doesn't absolve Prospera of responsibility for her action.

Quote:
Although, I think I see where you are coming from. You think the Earthians thought the Benerit troops were setting them up with the tank and returning fire on them. But nothing suggest that in the dialogues or the sequence of events:
- tank fire at Aerial
- considerable lapse of time so Aerial can fly outside of the city, pick up the gun, find and get into the underground bunker and then fire the gun
- Gundams explode underground outside the city behind a mountain
- Earthian A: An attack!?
- Earthian B: They did it, its's the Spacians!
- Earthian troops start to unload everything on the Benerit troops.

The Earthians B didn't check what exploded or if any of their troops were actually attacked.
I think violence had eased off in the city and Prospera very deliberately reignited it for her own goals.

What she did was the equivalent of going into a crowded theater, screaming "Gun!" and then firing a gun into the air so that people would end up getting killed in the press of people running away.

Quote:
As for Prospera wanting Miorine as President. I'm actually puzzled about it personally. It doesn't appear to be the case with Prospera ghosting Miorine back on Earth and booting up Quiet Zero almost at the same time Miorine got elected President. I've seen a lots of people complaining about it online too.
Nothing to be puzzled about. She just needed to Miorine to be President so she could finish up Quiet Zero. Plus Shaddiq was on to her so she definitely needed to make sure he couldn't become President.

Torturing Miorine was probably icing on the cake.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote