Thread: Crunchyroll Rurouni Kenshin (new TV series)
View Single Post
Old 2023-08-06, 17:20   Link #119
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarantine View Post
Sanosuke mini-arc was neatly done. The fight didn't boast incredible animation or anything, but it got the point across well enough, and as it was still a very one-sided affair with an obvious outcome, I can understand them not spending a lot of budget on it. The 1996 anime also took a while to give us truly visually impressive battles.

And as usual, it’s the secondary, episodic characters that get the great veteran seiyuu that someone like me who doesn’t watch as much anime anymore can recognize. Daisuke Ono as Sozo, Mariya Ise as the young Katsu, and the biggest surprise at the end: it’s none other than Tomokazu Sugita who’s taking over the juicy role of Jinei that belonged to Akio Ohtsuka in the 1996 anime. And he sounds like he’s going to have a lot of fun with it, so I can’t wait to hear more next episode. This upcoming story is arguably the peak of the overall Tokyo arc too (either that or the Megumi/Aoshi story), so hopefully they really nail it and prove they've got the chops to do Kyoto and Jinchuu justice when they get to those.
Ah yes, even casting prominent seiyuu as the kid VA's .

Definitely not the character I would've expected them to cast Sugita...