View Single Post
Old 2024-03-11, 18:22   Link #1216
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
Of all the abilities we've seen them use that could move Burg, all of them would have not been allowed to use them, "for the safety of the other examinees".

Richter maybe, but that's depending on exactly what the cloak blocks. We'll never know. This series is very loose with its rules about magic (if you actually look back, it has next to none), so we have to take them at their word when the characters discuss it.
You sure do lack imagination. You don't need wide range magic or actually any kind of powerful magic at all to pass Burg's test. Richter for example could have simply destabilized the ground under his feet to get him to fall back. Easy.

Quote:
I will still argue that even if Frieren and Fern were not present, Sense's clone alone would have caused the majority of them lethal damage requiring breaking the bottle. All the mages felt pretty hopeless about her except for Ubel. We know that no one has passed her proctored exams until now.
I'll agree that Sense should have stayed out of it because she made it unnecessarily harder, but there was a simple method to pass that people avoided so they're at fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURI123456 View Post
Why do you say, that Lawine and Kanne could over that kind of exam? I don't say that I disagree but I'm curious to know why you think that way.
Lawine is an ice mage, just create ice under his feet and get him to slip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
Ubel clearly stated she didn't hold back enough. The test itself is unfair, not her performance. She didn't argue over her disqualification. She states exactly that to Sense.

What I did say is that Ubel's entire cohort was given a purposefully unfair test, designed to make more of them fail with its restrictive rules. Take the emotion out and read my responses, please.
Again, the test was perfectly fair and easy to pass. It's not their fault most of the test takers were stupid.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote