View Single Post
Old 2024-03-28, 22:18   Link #1509
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't think people argue he doesn't care about his son, just that he's not a very good father for the reasons I stated earlier.
Seems I've seen a lot of people call him simply an awful father from start to finish. Seen him on at least a few "worst father" lists. And yeah, he's not the perfect father (personally I'd say that title currently goes to a certain Hell-Lord in a different manga series that just finished its first season), but he cares a lot more about his kids than some seem to remember. But either way, while I don't intend to get into a discussion about it, I'm pretty sure some argument could be made about the remainder of Z as well.

Either way, honestly back when it aired on CN I really wished they'd actually switch it out and let Gohan be the hero. I think he would've made an awesome hero if Toriyama had let him; yeah, he probably would've still ended up with some similar situations like focusing too much on studies to maintain his power, thus requiring catch-up, but I for one would've loved such a timeline. Makes me wonder if anyone's done/considered an AU fic along those lines.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote