View Single Post
Old 2024-04-09, 01:08   Link #20
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I kind of like the opening of this one. Some nice weight with the whole death of the MC's father being shown as the future waiting for him. And honestly the MC dying from a heart attack is pretty simple as far as this sort of thing goes. Didn't even need to get run over!

Also kind of refreshing to have the MC not be broken. His skill is valuable and he's obviously going to use it to great effect. But it's the sort of thing that can't do anything on its own. The end results are of the talents he finds. Plus it's up to him to make use of it. Given to a random person it likely wouldn't result in much. And not being able to use it on himself leaves him needing to rely on others. No answer sheet on his own growth.

I like that while his father is gruff, he's clearly a good guy that cares about his son. And makes sense that he was like that considering he reached that point through intense hard work and military accomplishments.

Seems like it'll be fun watching him work to find these diamonds in the rough and assemble a group that can truly protect his homeland. And it's a win for those people since they can tap into talents they might otherwise never get to use. It's certainly cheating to a degree and maybe some of them would find their potential working with/for others. But I think the motivation to protect his newfound home is a worthy one.